Had the opportunity to have a ride this afternoon around north Leeds.
I am still fixing the final little issues after my switch from Fedora to Mint and this morning came across a problem with i3status and its battery reporting. The default setup stated there was no battery, clearly an issues as I was running on battery power at the time with my laptop.
Having decided to have a change from Fedora on my netbook I decided to install Linux Mint 16 XFCE edition (This is the simple version of that story, more detailed version to come!). The install of Mint was very easy, quick and to be honest very impressive however I wanted to install i3-wm as a prefer titling window managers and the reduced memory use is useful on my netbook.
So its passing should be marked in someway and while the extra online version is not yet ready for public consumption my PhD has been handed in with its corrections done. I believe this marks the end of the process though I will only considered it completely done when Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Professor Charles Xavier handed it to me!!
A couple of days again the command line client I use to run my Twitter accounts TTYtter stopped working. I finally had a chance to explore why and discovered it was due to the fact that twitter have moved to SSL only.
Working on project this evening I found myself wanting to use the current content of a page variable as part of the key to later variable.